There is an opportunity for national and international students from Educational and Counseling departments to do their internships at Healing Heart to gain knowledge and experience under the direct supervision of the Director. Students will be provided with the support and experience needed to complete the requirements for the practicum component of their degrees.
The Director provides each student individual and group supervision.
Graduate interns are required to complete the following tasks during their practicum placements with the Healing Heart Counselling Unit:
- Minimum of six hours per week working on site.
- Completion of at least three face-to-face counseling hours each week.
- Attend weekly training, seminars when arranged.
- Respond to the phone call requiring information regarding counseling services.
- Prepare and conduct workshops for children, adolescents, and adults.
Admission to the Post Graduate Internship program is based upon a selection process. The admission requirements are:
- Current enrollment in a graduate program from a recognized university with a major in Counselling psychology, School Psychology or Educational Psychology.
- An up-to-date resume.
- An approval letter from the concerned (Educational and Counseling Psychology) Department.
The first step in application process is to discuss the opportunities available and send an e-mail to the Healing Heart.