We take confidentiality seriously. The fact that you come here and what you say to your counselor, stays with the Healing Heart Counseling Unit.
By law, we may not reveal anything about you to anyone without your permission, with only a few exceptions which include some extreme situations like, if you plan to commit suicide, homicide and you are a threat for children and elderly sexual and physical abuse.
We shall keep your records for five years then destroy them permanently.
To maintain the privacy, we also try to provide appointments with fifteen minutes gap so that you do not come across to people you might know.
- Clients will receive services in a respectful, safe and free of discrimination environment;
- Clients will receive clear information of services, which you can expect and can’t expect from counseling;
- Know the names and educational background of your counselor;
- Be informed about confidentiality and sign the consent form;
- View record and report in case you need for your doctor, educational institute and workplace; and
- Ask questions and express any concern you may have.
- Be courteous and respectful of other clients;
- Be aware of the privacy and confidentiality of other clients;
- Provide accurate and complete information to the best of your ability;
- Arrive at your appointment time and be punctual for appointment; if you arrive late you may not get extra time as there are other clients after you;
- In case you are unable to attend, please inform by sending a text message or calling the office at least 24 hours in advance;